Beginning Stranded Knitting
April 18th and 25th
4:00 – 6:00 pm
Are you ready to begin knitting with two colors at once? Try stranded knitting and learn how to make a beautiful, cozy cowl! Students will learn how to hold and tension the yarns, read charts and hear several tips along the way.
Price for instruction only, students will need to bring yarn and needles. All supplies are available at Wool Town, but stash yarn is welcome, please bring what you have.
Pre-class homework required!
- Download free pattern Fair Enough Cowl by Home of Cords from Ravelry
- Cast on, complete six rounds of ribbing and first row (increase row), ready to begin colorwork chart
- US 6 and 7, 24” circular needles (yes, the needle size has been adjusted down a size from the pattern to accommodate our choice in DK weight yarn)
- Two balls Rowan Alpaca Soft DK yarn in contrast colors, or any two 50g balls DK Weight yarn in contrast colors
- Stitch Markers
This is a series of two classes to be held in-person at Wool Town: 115 NW Minnesota Ave, Bend, Oregon. Please select "in store pickup" for shipping method at checkout.
- Payment for classes is due at the time of registration.
- Refunds will be issued in the form of store credit up to three days in advance prior to class. No credit card or cash refunds will be issued unless otherwise noted.
- Cancellations made within three days prior to class are not eligible for a refund.
- No partial refunds will be made for missed classes, nor do we offer any ‘make up’ classes.