Forest Mosaic Shawl kit uses a pattern by Kay Hopkins, originally part of her Wildfire Relief Knit-a-long in October 2020. Our kit, using one self-striping yarn and one solid, takes advantage of the mosaic color technique. Mosaic knitting uses only one color per row and a slip stitch to create beautiful color-work. Much easier than some other methods!
- 2 balls Noro Silk Garden Sock Solo (solid color)
- 1 ball Noro Silk Garden Sock (self-striping color)
- Forest Mosaic Shawl Pattern
Additional materials needed:
- US 5 needles 40" circular
- US 4 needles 40" circular
- Stitch markers between pattern repeats are helpful
*Note pattern calls for smaller needles, Silk Garden Sock is a slightly heavier yarn than used in the pattern.
Measures approximately 72" wingspan & 24" at center point.
Pictured in Embers.
Just interested in the pattern? Find it on Ravelry here.