This sweet and simple rainbow is made by filling in a printed fabric picture with wool; the needle felted equivalent to working with an embroidery or cross-stitch pattern. Similar to paint-by-number but with fiber!
Felting time: around 5 hrs. depending on individual felting speed.
- Beginner's Guide to Needle Felting (a bit of general information)
- Instruction Sheet with tips and techniques
- Link to video instructions (highly recommended!)
- Two color-coded felting needles in a handy paper tube
- Felting wool
- Linen fabric pattern (printed in color)
- High quality 7 in. wooden hoop
- Muslin fabric square
You will also need:
- Scissors and glue to secure the picture in the hoop once it is finished
- A foam or wool mat to use as a work surface. Find one here.